Thursday, July 30, 2009

Can't fight Hate with Hate

For anyone who have read my previous blog entries, you will find my hatred and anger towards the former regime is very obvious. Maybe it's bottling all those feelings and thoughts for a long time and the dawn of a new democracy in Maldives. I have carried these sentiments within me since Majeediyya school to until now. I have carried it during my artistic and destructive days.

Yes. I was a victim of Maumoon's regime's brutality and incompetency.

Yes. I think Maldives has become pathetic due to 30 years of negligence by Maumoon's stale government. But yet I still love Maldives simply because it's my country. And this love makes me hate. But now I feel I hate to hate anything because it just spirals the hatred on.

Maybe it's time to forgive the 30 years of rape of our country? I know one thing for sure, this forgiveness might grant me freedom, and not of be attached too closely with issues regarding my country. But will it make me feel better. I don't know.

But it's a step towards a change. Its a choice, whether I want to join the hatred and evil of Maumoon's regime by hating them back; or just transcend this shit for good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you forgive when there's no apology?

Anonymous said...

We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Take back the money they stole and move on....

Hilath said...

If we forgive, then another group of gangsters can rise, rape Maldives and feel free to go at will.